Ergo72 is my redesign of the Ergodox ergonomic keyboard.
- Same key layout as the original Ergodox
- STM32 microcontroller (STM32F072)
- MCU in both halves allowing independent operation
- All components on PCB, no modules
- Extension header for OLED screen or anything else
- Single PCB for both hands
- QMK firmware supported
I started out with the original Ergodox PCB design, left the PCB shape and key layout, but completely removed all the electronics.
The Teensy is replaced with a STM32F072 microcontroller.
It’s an amazing part – very cheap, does USB, doesn’t need an external oscillator and even has a USB DFU bootloader in ROM.
I have also adapted the Ergodox acrylic case design by Litster to fit my PCB.
The PCB was manufactured 1mm thick to accommodate the USB-C connector, unfortunately this made me add an additional layer of acrylic support to avoid flex.
Get the PCB and case design here: